The Parco Giardino Sigurtà is a spectacular oasis of green over an area of 600,000 sqm, located on the edges of the Moreniche hills in the surrounds of Lago de Garda, just eight kilometers from Peschiera.
It originates from “brolo cinto de muro” (1617) at Villa Maffei (work by V. Pellesina, a pupil of Palladio) and in 1850 it was the General Headquarters of Napoleon III.
Over forty years of loving care Carlo Sigurtà, claiming a secular right to draw water from the Mincio, performed the ‘miracle’ of enriching the arid hillside vegetation. In turn, his grandson Enzo built a prototype of the Park-Garden.
Following its public opening (1978) the preservation of this ecological complex has gained the respect of its visitors who have defined it as a true Temple of Nature, to such a degree that it is considered one of the 5 most beautiful ones in the world.
The Parco Giardino Sigurtà has been referref by renownned botanists and millions of visitors as one of the world's most extraordinary gardens.